Wednesday, March 18, 2009

God is a Director

My testimony is closely tied to my experience in theatre.  Last night I had a realization while watching a dress rehearsal of my latest show, Little Happy Secrets.  I was wondering what my role had been as director.  What had I accomplished?  What good did I do?  I felt very much like I wasn't needed for this project, like much of what was good had come from the actors and the writing, and I was the weak link getting dragged along with the production.  I was feeling pretty down about my role with the show (although the show is fantastic).  

I realized that what I was doing to myself I often do to God.  I get caught up in how "awesome" I am and what I can do "on my own."  My pride gets me in the way from acknowledging the Lord's hand as the director of my life.  I discount Him and give myself the credit, just as I did while watching LHS last night (discounting myself and giving the actors the credit).  

How do I solve this??

No comments: